Large Law Firm Mergers: What's the Verdict?
Recently, an Altman Weil team analyzed the 117 law firm mergers that occurred between 2000 and 2005 in which at least one party to the deal was ranked in the AmLaw 200.
In their report, the team analyzed profits per partner (PPP) by way of:
- The percentage of merged firms with PPP increases from legacy through year four
- The size of the increase in year one through year five
- Percentage increase in year one, by merger year
- A comparison of PPP increases between merged firms and other AmLaw firms
- An analysis of PPP changes based on the identified merger strategy
This article summarizes the results.
Download the complete article to read more...