Altman Weil provides management consulting services exclusively to legal organizations. Our clients include law firms, law departments, governmental legal offices and legal vendors of all sizes and types throughout North America, the U.K. and abroad.
We offer a broad range of consulting services backed by forty years of experience in the industry.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Practice Group Management
- Management & Governance
- Law Firm Finance
- Alternative Fee Arrangements
- Turnarounds and Crisis Management
- Law Firm Succession Planning
- Marketing and Business Development
- Client Surveys and Interviews
- Leadership Development & Performance Management
- Training Programs
- Law Department Structure and Performance
- Law Department Cost Control
- Outside Counsel Management
- Law Department Client Service and Satisfaction
- Career Management and Professional Development in Law Departments
- Managing the Global Law Department
- Key Person Coaching
- Legal Project Management Training
- Business Development Training and Coaching
- Government Legal Offices
- Paralegals and Paralegal Programs
- Executive Search Services
- Market Research
- Custom Surveys and Benchmarking
- Legal Vendor Advisory Services
- Altman Weil Speakers Bureau
Being a Successful New Partner is an online training program on the business of law for new law firm partners. Six hours of content are delivered in five convenient sessions available online for eight weeks, February 6, 2017-March 31, 2017.
2016 Chief Legal Officer Survey – The 2016 survey finds CLOs embracing the role of change agents in the profession, wielding their buying power, leveraging technology and process efficiency, and outsourcing to alternative providers, all to build a more effective and flexible legal function. Download a copy now.
Altman Weil Remembers Ward Bower – On September 28, 2016 we lost our partner and friend Ward Bower. Some of his partners and colleagues have shared their memories.
Altman Weil MergerLine™ is
an online service that tracks law firm mergers and acquisitions. It logs
law firm combinations as they are reported; links the user to the original news
stories, compiles key statistics on each deal; and, includes an archive of past
mergers and a section of commentary and analysis.