Altman Weil provides management consulting services exclusively to legal organizations. Our clients include law firms, law departments, governmental legal offices and legal vendors of all sizes and types throughout North America, the U.K. and abroad.
We offer a broad range of consulting services backed by forty years of experience in the industry.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Practice Group Management
- Management & Governance
- Law Firm Finance
- Alternative Fee Arrangements
- Turnarounds and Crisis Management
- Law Firm Succession Planning
- Marketing and Business Development
- Client Surveys and Interviews
- Leadership Development & Performance Management
- Training Programs
- Law Department Structure and Performance
- Law Department Cost Control
- Legal Project Management
- Outside Counsel Management
- Law Department Client Service and Satisfaction
- Career Management and Professional Development in Law Departments
- Managing the Global Law Department
- Key Person Coaching
- Business Development Training and Coaching
- Government Legal Offices
- Paralegals and Paralegal Programs
- Executive Search Services
- Market Research
- Custom Surveys and Benchmarking
- Legal Vendor Advisory Services
- Altman Weil Speakers Bureau
Mastering Lawyer Business Planning – Altman Weil is offering a smart, streamlined approach to planning that will help lawyers at all levels identify and act on top opportunities, accelerate their careers and contribute greater value to their firms. This new training series is available online beginning October 3, 2016.
Law Firms in Transition 2016 – Now in its eighth year, the survey continues to document market forces that are reshaping the competitive legal landscape, identify ways in which law firms have responded (or are lagging in their response), and prescribe how law firm leaders can find competitive advantages in a redefined marketplace.
Putting Your Practice Groups to the Test – Too often law firms have practice groups that do not measure up in terms of organization, operations or market brand. Altman Weil's Tom Clay outlines key issues to consider in assessing the viability and vitality of your firm's practice groups.
Altman Weil MergerLine™ is an online service that tracks law firm mergers and acquisitions. It logs law firm combinations as they are reported; links the user to the original news stories, compiles key statistics on each deal; and, includes an archive of past mergers and a section of commentary and analysis.